You've probably seen countless videos on the internet of people wearing the much-lauded Oculus Rift, tripping out in digital worlds and generally loving life. Not only is this revolutionary device unavailable until 2016, but you'll probably have to sell a number of vital organs just to be able to buy it. Well, feast your eyes on (and indeed, in) the Immerse Virtual Reality Headset – a new and affordable foray into the breath-taking world of virtual reality.
Because it utilises your smartphone, it's compatible with hundreds of free and inexpensive VR apps on the Play Store and App Store. So whether you want to watch 3D movies, explore new worlds, play immersive games or you're just looking for a quick departure from our own tedious reality – there's something for everyone.
Just load up your chosen piece of virtual content, slot your smartphone into the rugged plastic enclosure, put it up to your eyes then adjust the lenses and comfortable head straps to your liking. It's never been easier (or more affordable) to explore these vivid new environments from the comfort of your living room.
- Probably best to give your eyes a break after a couple of hours
- Compatible with Android and Apple phones – maximum device size – 3.5x5.7" (8.2 x 15.4cm)
- An affordable way to dip your toe into the world of virtual reality headsets
- Ultra-wide field of view for an intense 3D experience
- Adjustable lens for optimal vision (means that you can use them without wearing glasses)
- Wireless 360 head tracking
- Face contact foam and adjustable head straps for maximum comfort
- Compatible with 1,000s of free and inexpensive VR apps, 3D movies and games. All available to download from the Play Store and App Store
- There are also tons of free videos on YouTube too, just search for 'side by side 3D' and get exploring
- Measures approximately 16cm(W) x 9cm(H) x 11cm(D)
The Immerse Virtual Reality Headset costs £29.99 from Firebox