Let’s face it. Adobe Flash is dying and the last struggles to remain alive directly impact your Mac. We have written a tutorial to help you remove the Flash Player and speed up your Mac.
1. Determine your Mac OS version
- Select About This Mac.The Mac OS version is displayed in the About This Mac dialog box.
2. Run the uninstaller applicable to your Mac OS version
- Run the uninstaller on Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.7 (Snow Leopard, Lion, Tiger, Leopard)
- Run the uninstaller on Mac OS X 10.1 to 10.3 (Puma, Jaguar, Panther)
Run the uninstaller on Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.7 (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion)
- Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:
Mac OS X, version 10.6 and later: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg (225 KB)
Mac OS X, version 10.4 and 10.5: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg (225 KB)
The uninstaller is downloaded to the Downloads folder of your browser by default.
- On Safari, select Window > Downloads.If you are using Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), click the Download icon displayed on the browser.
On Mozilla, select Tools > Downloads.
- Double-click the uninstaller in the Downloads window to open it.
Note: If the Flash Player installer window does not appear, in the Finder, select Go > Desktop. Scroll down to the Devices section and click Uninstall Flash Player.
Double-click the Uninstaller icon in the window to run the uninstaller. If you see a message asking if you want to open the uninstaller file, click Open.
When the uninstaller starts, click Uninstall.
Bookmark or print this page so that you can use the rest of these instructions after you close your browser.
To close all browsers, either click the browser name in the Uninstaller dialog box, or close each browser manually and then click Retry.
Note: Do not click Quit in the Uninstaller window. Doing so stops the uninstallation process.
After you close the browsers, the uninstaller continues automatically until the uninstallation is complete. When you see the message notifying you that the uninstallation succeeded, click Done.
Delete the following files:
\Library\Internet Plug-Ins\Flash Player.plugin\Library\Internet Plug-Ins\flashplayer.xpt
Source Adobe Official Website
Tell us your experience. Is your Mac any faster than before. Our Macs are for sure :).