Frozenbyte has released the anticipated Trine 2: Goblin Menace on Steam (PC/Mac), launched with a 15% discount offer for the first two weeks, along with a 75% Weekend Deal on Steam for Trine 2 and the original Trine.
Trine 2: Goblin Menace introduces six new skills to the Trine 2 game world and an all-new campaign, spanning six unique levels, further improving the award-winning visuals of the original Trine 2. All the new skills are also playable in the original game and provide additional fun in multiplayer for all Trine 2 players. The Goblin Menace campaign thrusts the heroic trio of Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight and Zoya the Thief into an adventure chock full of goblin villainy.
– Improves the original game with six new abilities, including the time-slowing bubble, the kitesail shield, object magnetization and prison box!
– All abilities also usable in the original Trine 2
– A new story-driven adventure featuring the Heroes struggling against new goblin villainy
– 6 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
– New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
– Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand worm
– Even more improved visuals and a completely new soundtrack
– New enemies and bosses, including the lethal goblin war-machine
– Requires original Trine 2
Trine 2: Goblin Menace also brings a plethora of minor updates to the original Trine 2 game, available to all Trine 2 players. Among these are an arrow indicator in multiplayer showing other players’ location, a new Configure Controls menu for gamepads and keyboard customizations, and a bunch of new Steam Achievements.
“We can’t wait to see how the multiplayer community responds to Trine 2: Goblin Menace and all the new skills that it brings! The new skills also work in the original Trine 2, and breathe new life into the older levels and allow many new solutions. I’m very excited to see how players use the new skills!” said Lauri Hyvarinen, CEO of Frozenbyte.
Trine 2: Goblin Menace is launched with a 15% discount at only $6.79 (5.94 EUR) compared to the regular price of $7.99 (6.99 EUR). The launch discount lasts until September 20th. In addition, other Trine games are offered at a 75% discount thanks to a Weekend Deal on Steam between September 6-10th.
Trine 2: Goblin Menace will be released later on Mac App Store, and on Linux, and it will also be included in Trine 2: Director’s Cut for Nintendo’s Wii U system. The Director’s Cut also includes a number of enhancements to the original game and Wii U exclusive features. More information, including pricing and release date, will be announced later.
Also in case you missed our review for Trine 2, you can check it by clicking right here.