Whether it’s a single player mission or a multiplayer bout, the game always takes place in one of these environments. Worms™ Revolution features a unique technology whereby the traditional cut away ‘Worms’ landscape is rendered in 3D, but has the same level of deformation as seen in 2D Worms games. Check some artwork for the environments themes after the break.
There are four themes in total, these are:
• Sewer – One of a network of sewage tunnels.
• Beach – A beach view with sea, sand and rock pools.
• Garden – The garden of a house that belongs to a mad scientist.
• Farm – A farmyard scene, stretching to the horizon.
An environment theme is made up of the following graphical elements:
• Background: The style of the environment is set by the background. This is the model of the environment that the landscape and everything upon it sits within.
• Landscape: Battles take place on a deformable landscape, its shape changes in reaction to explosions caused by the worms’ weapons and utilities.
• Detail Objects: Matching the theme of the environment, these models appear embedded in the front face of the landscape. For example, you may see a Limpet in the foreground of the Beach theme.
• Wind Indicators: Items matching the theme fly gently in front of and behind the landscape to show the strength and direction of the wind.
• Base Water: The Base Water sits below the landscape. Worms die instantly if they fall into this. Each theme has a different looking liquid to better match the environment.
Worms™ Revolution is scheduled for a Q3 2012 release and will appear on PC and consoles.