We are giving away a copy of the game!
In Startup Freak you take the role of a budding entrepreneur and grow your very own software startup from humble beginnings to a multi-million dollar company. Along the way you will have to overcome countless challenges, from building, testing and securing your product, to devising the ideal marketing strategy and securing investment. Through it, you must ask yourself the ultimate question: are you a Startup Freak?
I know I am and not because I played the game, but I am doing all of this game has to offer in real life. Creating sprints, managing people, setting up user stories, bug reports, logging work time, preparing for releases, preparing pitches and pitch before investors… I do all of that in real life as part of my job at MoneyCoach and Imperium Apps. That’s why I found it interesting when I got a chance to see this game.
The developer was nice enough to provide me with a code to review the game and give my impressions but to be completely honest with you, I really don’t have time to simulate or play something that I do on a daily basis and plus I am only on Mac, so yeah. What I will do instead is giveaway my Steam code to one of you. Share the article on Facebook, Twitter or whatever, tag us and you can win it, simple.
- Hire the perfect team and manage their productivity and happiness.
- Build out a software product using an original and sophisticated feature building system.
- Find investors and pitch your startup to them to get the funding you need.
- Rent fancy offices and deck them out.
- Devise a marketing strategy and find the best sales channels.
- Manage your infrastructure on which your software runs, using the state of art hardware.
- Tune your pricing.
- Make a big exit with lots of cash.
Check the game out on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/722660/Startup_Freak/