Kalypso Media just unveiled a new web site and images for Rise of Venice, the upcoming merchant/trading simulation for Windows PC.
The official site, available at www.riseofvenice.com, features a variety of content focused on the game – including images, art and additional game info. To celebrate the launch of the site, we are also making available new screenshots from the game, downloadable from the link below. Rise of Venice will be available at retail in the UK and Export Territories and digitally for Windows PC in autumn 2013.
Venice was at the peak of its power during the Renaissance and was viewed as a city of decadence, beauty and intrigue. Renowned as the linchpin of civilisation and the cultural centre of Europe, Venice was the most important trading post between Western Europe and the eastern stretch of the Mediterranean Sea. It was also the stage for political corruptions and clandestine dealings.
- Experience a compelling story full of intrigue and treason in Venice at the time of the Renaissance
- Trade a variety of goods in the most important cities of the time such as Rome, Alexandria, Constantinople and Athens.
- With your own family tree you can interact with your family members, send them on missions and watch how the power of your family grows over time.
- Meet other important families who are pulling the strings in Venice’s government and influence political decisions yourself.
- Build your own production facilities and trading fleets
- Take fate into your own hands and test your skills in furious sea battles
- Multiplayer mode for up to 4 players via LAN and Interne