indiePub is ecstatic to announce the worldwide release of its first game developed entirely in-house, Pictago, available free for iOS devices.
If you can photograph it, you can turn it into a game thanks to Pictago.
Set up scenes, snap what you see or use any image already in your iOS device’s Photo Gallery and then turn them into hidden object games using Pictago’s simple touch-and-drag tools.
Send the games you create with Pictago to your friends and challenge them to find stuff you’ve hidden in your room or spot all the awesome tchotchkes on your desk. Set up a silly scene or simply use that wacky picture of you and your friends already on your iOS device. Have an awesome photo bomb? Make it into a game with Pictago and see how long it takes your friends to spot the “bomb.”
With Pictago you can also turn pictures into educational tools by tagging diagrams or even create a simple find-the-color game for your kids.
Pictago’s possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
Pictago’s features include:
- The ability to use any image in your Photo Gallery, take new photos from within the Pictago app or import your Facebook photos and turn them into games.
- The ability to share your games with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter and email.
- A simple and familiar touch-and-drag tagging mechanic.
- Two game modes: List Mode where friends search for tagged items in any order and Single Item Mode where friends try to find hidden items in a specific order, one at a time.
- A Hints system to help to find those especially well-hidden objects.
- A Tag Back feature to quickly re-tag a game and send it back to your Friend.
- A Leaderboard for each game.
- A World Feed where you can play the best games created by Pictago users from around the world.
Even if your older iOS device doesn’t include a camera, you may still play games you’ve received from your friends and use images in your Photo Gallery to create a game.
Pictago is available worldwide for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch via Apple’s App Store for free. Also look for Pictago to be available on your Android devices in the coming weeks.
For more information about Pictago, visit the Pictago Facebook page