Keelworks have announced CYGNI: All Guns Blazing – a twin-stick vertical scrolling shooter hybrid with cinematic flare. Its old school nostalgia with modern day graphics, SFX and music. CYGNI is not about reinventing shoot’em ups but rather elevating the genre though higher quality visuals, audio and gameplay.
CYGNI is the work of just two highly talented and entirely self-taught developers who previously worked as Hollywood film and VFX production artists including stints at Pixar. Their impressive work with Unreal Engine soon got noticed by Epic Games and earned Keelworks a substantial cash award as an Epic MegaGrant recipient.
With next generation visuals, animation and special effects CYGNI is a new benchmark in cinematic shoot’em ups:
- Be the lone fighter battling through intensely hostile levels filled with waves of air and ground assaults
- Choose where to route power on the fly switching between shields (defensive) or weapons systems (offensive)
- Collect energy to power up your ship and energise weaponry from hard-hitting nukes to inescapable vortex bombs
- Launch air to air and air-to-ground attacks as you traverse neon-lit metropolises, moon-like landscapes and even outer space
- Go one-on-one against gargantuan enemies in cinematically epic boss battles
- Full orchestral score and immersive sound design
CYGNI: All Guns Blazing is scheduled to launch sometime in 2021 for PC + Mac and will soon follow with launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and next-gen consoles.