Square Enix Ltd., today announced they are bringing FINAL FANTASY XV to Windows PC. Set for release in early 2018, FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION comes loaded with NVIDIA® GameWorks™ technology and other advanced PC features adding cutting-edge graphics and physics simulation technologies with support for NVIDIA’s capture and share tools.
SQUARE ENIX will use its cutting-edge Luminous Engine* together with NVIDIA GameWorks and other advanced technologies to make FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION the definitive version of the game with support for native 4K and 8K resolutions, as well as HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS®. FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION boasts a wealth of bonus content from the console versions originally available through the Season Pass and free updates, while the addition of a new first-person mode allows a more immersive experience than ever before.
“With the help of NVIDIA, we are creating a stunning visual experience in FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, one worthy of this beloved franchise,” said Hajime Tabata, Director of FINAL FANTASY XV at SQUARE ENIX. “NVIDIA pushes the pace of innovation in our industry, and that benefits gamers and developers alike.”
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- NVIDIA Flow – to create dynamic, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – to create dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – to enable characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – to create dynamic grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA Ansel™ an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay™ Highlights automatically captures a gamer’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot and enables seamless sharing through social channels.
FINAL FANTASY WINDOWS EDITION will be available Early 2018 for Windows PC