GTAV Secrets Pt.3
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City references
Go to the Chinese theatre just west of where Michael can buy the Doppler Cinema in Downtown Vinewood. One of the sidewalk stars directly in front of there has the name Candy Suxxx on it, who was the famous adult film actress in GTA: Vice City.
The main property management mission Michael must complete after buying the Doppler Cinema includes using a plane to drop flyers from above to advertise the theatre. This was also a mission Tommy Vercetti had to complete in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- L.A. Noire reference – Elysian Fields Co., the villainous construction company embroiled in the highway conspiracy in L.A. Noire appears in Los Santos. L.A. Noire obviously takes place in Los Angeles. GTA 5’s Los Santos is a fictionalized version of L.A.
- Lethal Weapon 2 referenceTowards the end of a mission, Franklin and Michael tie the back of their stolen vehicle to the underside pole of a cheating tennis coaches house. Michael then uses the vehicle to pull the house down like Riggs did in Lethal Weapon 2.
- Max Payne 3 references – In the Suburban store you visit during the “Friend Request” mission, one of the shirt stalls allows you to buy the parrot tropical shirt, which is similar to the one worn by Max Payne in Max Payne 3.If you give Michael a light scruffy beard and have him wear his grey suit, he will look similar to how Max Payne looked at the beginning of Max Payne 3.
Michael and Max Payne share the same special ability to activate bullet-time (slow-motion).
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure reference – During a Barry mission while playing as Trevor, you must fight some clowns. While fighting the clowns, the music playing in the background is from Pee Wee’s Big Adventure clown scene.
- Red Dead Redemption references – Search Franklin’s bookshelves to find a book titled “Red Dead”, authored by J. Marston. In Red Dead Redemption, Jack Marston mentioned that he was going to write a book about his father and the Wild West.There are two locations in Grand Theft Auto V called “Cholla Springs Ave” and “Armadillo Ave” that can be found in the rural area of the map. This is a reference to Red Dead Redemption’s Armadillo Town and the surrounding region of Cholla Springs.
There is a farm south of the prison that looks exactly like John Marston’s farm in Red Dead Redemption.
- All Knife Flight locations – Go to the indicated locations to complete all 15 Knife Flight aerial challenges in GTA 5. Completing all 15 Knife Flight challenges is part of the requirement to getting the “Close Shave” trophy, and also counts towards 100% game completion. First, get a fighter jet from Ford Zancudo. You can complete all 15 Knife Flight aerial challenges with it. Alternatively, you can use a stunt airplane (they occasionally land at the airport in the desert). To learn how Knife Flights work, visit the Flight School at Los Santos Airport. You may also want to max out the “Flying” attribute for one of your characters to have more control over the aircraft. If your aircraft gets badly damaged, quick save the game, and immediately reload the game to repair it. It is also recommended you quick save the game before attempting the harder Knife Flight stunts.
- All hidden package locations – Search the indicated locations to find all 12 hidden packages in Grand Theft Auto V:
- All letter scrap locations – Click here to view a full map in GTA V with all 50 letter scrap locations. Search the indicated locations to find all 50 letter scraps in GTA V. Collect all of them to get the “A Mystery, Solved” trophy. They are also required to get 100% game completion. The letter scraps can be collected at any time, even at the beginning of the story. Unlike some of the other GTA V collectibles, there are no special requirements or side missions necessary to make them appear. You can also collect them with different characters. The letter scraps are small, glowing pieces of paper. Some of them can only be reached by using a helicopter. You can easily get a helicopter from the South Los Santos hospital helipad, or the Sandy Shores helipad. After collecting all 50 letter scraps, you must go to the green “Killer” question mark while playing as Franklin to meet Leonora Johnson’s killer (Dreyfuss). You must kill him to get the “A Mystery, Solved” trophy.
- All nuclear waste locations – Click here to view a full map in Grand Theft Auto V with all 30 nuclear waste collectible locations. Search the indicated locations to find all 30 nuclear waste collectibles in Grand Theft Auto V. Collect all of them to get the “Waste Management” trophy. To collect them, you must buy the Sonar Collections Dock while playing as Michael. This property can be bought after completing “The Merryweather Heist” story mission. The dock costs $250,000. You need to pick up the waste with the submarine. The submarine always spawns at the dock. Most of the nuclear waste is at the bottom of the ocean. When buying the docks, you will get a new app called “Trackify”. The app starts automatically when entering the submarine, and provides a radar that points to the next collectible. The order in the video below matches with the order of the Trackify app. However, the app will not mark any of the waste on your in-game world map. Sometimes a barrel of waste is miles away on a different part of the coast. The submarine is also very slow. If you collect all 30 barrels of nuclear waste in one run, it will take approximately two hours. Additionally, by collecting all of the nuclear waste, it will help to further uncover the ocean map, and you will get a lot of money. You get $32,000 per barrel of nuclear waste collected, and a $250,000 bonus after finding the final one.
- All spaceship part locations – Click here to view a full map in Grand Theft Auto V with all 50 spaceship part locations. Search the indicated locations to find all 50 spaceship parts in Grand Theft Auto V. Collect all of them to get the “From Beyond The Stars” achievement. They are also required to get a 100% game completion. First, you must start the “Far Out” side mission to make the spaceship parts appear. This side mission becomes available after completing the “Fame Or Shame” story mission. The spaceship parts are small, glowing objects that emit a vibration sound when you get close. Some of them can only be reached by using a helicopter. You can easily get a helicopter from the South Los Santos hospital helipad, or the Sandy Shores helipad. After collecting all 50 spaceship parts, you must return them to Omega to get the “From Beyond The Stars” achievement.
- All stunt jump locations – Open the internet browser on your in-game cell phone, and go to “junkenergydrink.com/page5” to see the locations of all 50 stunt jumps. Alternately, click here to view a full map in GTA 5 with all 50 stunt jump locations. Go to the indicated locations in the video below to perform all 50 stunt jumps (monster stunts) in GTA 5. Successfully complete all 50 stunt jumps to get the “Show Off” achievement. They are also required to get a 100% game completion. It is best to do them while playing as Franklin. You can trigger his special ability to slow down time while driving. This will become very useful for lots of the stunt jumps. The best vehicle for the monster stunts is the Pegassi Bati 801 motorbike. You can do pretty much every stunt with it. However, some stunts are easier to do with a sports car. If you are stuck at a stunt, use the same type of vehicle that is shown in the video. You must always land in a specific area, or even a specific spot to complete the stunt jump. If you drive too fast, or too slow, you might miss the target area and the stunt will fail. A good trick to use is to quick save the game before every stunt jump. After loading the saved game, you will be sitting in your car (or on your bike) at the exact same spot where you saved the game. This allows you to never lose any progress if you die or destroy your vehicle.