GTAV Secrets Pt.2
Part 2 of GTAV Secrets. Click to get to Part 1 or to Part 3 and Part 4.
- Getting the mini-gun - Go to Fort Zancudo military base. After entering the base, go right at the first intersection, then go to the radio tower (tall) building on the right side of the street. Enter the base of the building, turn left, and go through the double doors straight down the hallway to use the stairs. Go to the top floor. The mini-gun is inside a room on the top floor. Once you collect the mini-gun, it will be saved to your inventory, even if you die. The mini-gun is extremely powerful. You can purchase more ammunition for it at Ammu-Nation stores. Note: When you enter the military base, you will encounter a lot of resistance. However, once you enter the radio tower building, you will be safe from the tanks and gunfire.
- Getting scuba gear – You cannot carry scuba gear around like it is an item. When you jump out of either the submarine or Zodiak Boat (Dinghy) into water, you will automatically be wearing the scuba gear. The following are the locations of the submarine and Zodiak Boat (Dinghy):Submarine: When you purchase the “Sonar Collections Dock” property, there will be a submarine that spawns at that dock which you can use. Additionally, after completing “The Merryweather Heist” (Offshore Option) mission, a submarine will begin spawning at Sandy Shores Airfield. Pick it up using a Cargobob air transport plane (press Right on the D-pad), and then drop it in the ocean where you want to use it.Zodiak Boat (Dinghy): Go to the west side of Elysian Island to find a Dinghy at the Port of Los Santos. You can find another one by going to Miriam Turner Overpass, and searching next to the barge. There is also one on the southwest side of the Post Op depository.
- Unlocking Packie McReary – To unlock Packie McReary to add to your crew for heists, simply visit him at the following location in Los Santos to get him to join your crew.
- Unlocking sea and street races – To do the Speedophile (sea) races, you must have completed the “Hood Safari” mission and have a Speedophile Seashark jet ski as your vehicle. To do the street racing, you must be playing as Franklin and have completed the “Shift Work” Strangers and Freaks mission.
- Parachute location – The parachute can be found at the beginning of the game next to the cable car on top of Mount Chiliad in the far north-western area of the map.
- Full map – Click here to view a full map of San Andreas in Grand Theft Auto V.
- All collectible locations – Click here to view a full map in GTA V with all 180 collectibles (letter scraps, nuclear waste barrels, spaceship parts, stunt jumps, and Strangers and Freaks missions) and 12 hidden packages. 11 of the 12 hidden packages are in the ocean. You will get between $8,000 and $25,000 for each package collected. You get $150,000 for collecting all 12 hidden packages. The packages also respawn each time you switch characters or save the game, allowing you to get as much money as desired by placing two characters at hidden package locations and continuing to switch between them.
- Stealing a fighter jet – Go to Fort Zancudo with Franklin, and break into the base using a fast car (planes are likely to get shot down). Enter the base through the gate that runs off the main highway on the west side of the map. Immediately before you drive through the gates of the base, use Franklin’s special ability to slow down time as long as possible. This will stop your wanted level from increasing to four stars for as long as it is activated, which gives you a little more time to reach the fighter jet and steal it. Try to steal a fighter jet with an open cockpit inside or right outside a hangar, as it will reduce the amount of time it takes to get the jet off the ground. It is recommended you do not try to steal a jet that is out in the open.
- Stealing a private jet – Take a vehicle to Los Santos International Airport, and drive through the gates to reach the runway. Then, quickly look for a jet to steal. Once you are around the runway, your wanted level will increase. Thus, you must find and steal the jet quickly.
- Stealing a tank – Go to Fort Zancudo with Franklin, and break into the base using a fast car (planes are likely to get shot down). Enter the base through the gate that runs off the main highway on the west side of the map. Immediately before you drive through the gates of the base, use Franklin’s special ability to slow down time as long as possible. This will stop your wanted level from increasing to four stars for as long as it is activated, which gives you a little more time to reach the tank and steal it. Find a tank on base, climb on top of it, and throw the person out of it to steal it.
- Reducing wanted level – Successfully complete a mission to instantly clear your accumulated wanted level.A simple way to lose a wanted level is to drive into any Mod Shop, and change the color of your car. As long as the police do not see you drive into the building, you will instantly lose the current wanted level.Since police first call in the make of your vehicle, you can switch vehicles to help you lose line-of-sight with the police.
- Losing the police – While the cops are chasing you, drive on train tracks, and they will not follow you.To lose the police during a chase, press Right while driving a truck to detach its trailer. This can be used to block off alleyways or tight streets during a pursuit.You can hide from the police in larger bushes. To confirm you are positioned and hiding in the bushes correctly, the arrow that represents your character on the map will turn grey while you are in the bushes.
Another method to losing the police is going to Los Santos airport and getting in a helicopter or jet. Your wanted level will increase when doing this, but the cops will not be able to follow an aircraft.
- Losing police helicopters – At Wanted Level 3 or higher, police helicopters will begin chasing you. Avoiding helicopters will make escaping much easier. Underground tunnels and subways, underpasses, or bridges will help break the line-of-sight with helicopters. Otherwise, use a rocket launcher to shoot down the helicopter before making your escape in a vehicle.
- Robbing stores – To rob any store that is open for business, walk far enough into the store so the door closes behind you. Then, start walking back out of the store, but stop once your character is halfway out the door (the door must be open and swung outside, not inside). This will allow you to equip a weapon. Point it at the store clerk, and you should be able to walk back into the store with it drawn and rob the store. Shoot the register(s) in the store, and they should open and money bags will appear. After robbing the store, you can go a few blocks away and return to rob the store again.
- No wanted level at Fort Zancudo and other places – Fort Zancudo is the US Army and Air Force base in GTA V. It is located around the middle of the map on the west coast. You normally get an instant 3-star wanted level for entering the base. However, there is a way to enter the base and other locations you are not supposed to enter without getting a wanted level or encountering any resistance. Start the second hunting side mission called “Fair Game”. After you have killed three elk, Cletus will leave, and you are supposed to finish the mission. Instead of completing the mission, go to Fort Zancudo, and no alarms will go off, and you will not get a wanted level. You can now steal the fighter jet or other vehicles and aircrafts on the base without any resistance and store them in your garage. Note: Make sure to not fail the mission by making a lot of noise and scaring the elk. You can also use this glitch to explore other areas of the map where you normally would encounter resistance and get a wanted level.This trick requires that the “Three’s Company” mission has been successfully completed. Replay the “Three’s Company” mission. Reach the end of the mission where you need to fly back to the starting point (after destroying some helicopters). When you are able to switch to Trevor and fly anywhere on the map, you can go to the Fort Zancudo military base or prison, and you will not encounter any resistance. You can actually shoot people at the military base or prisoners at the prison, and they will not do anything. The base alarm will go off, but nothing else will happen. Note: Do not go too far from the helicopter or the mission will fail.
- Avoiding wanted level at airport – To avoid getting a wanted level when you enter the airport, purchase a plane hangar.
- Skipping missions – If you fail a mission several times in a row, an option will eventually appear to skip it.
- Disabling car alarms – You can usually disable a car alarm by press Start and displaying the pause menu. Additionally, sometimes honking the horn will stop a car alarm.
- Using Franklin’s special ability while driving with any character – To use Franklin’s special ability (slowing down time) with any character while driving, simply hold open the radio wheel. The time will be slower than when using Franklin’s ability, but all driving controls will still be functional.
- Getting characters to drive themselves – If you want to get a character from one place in Los Santos to another place that is far away, while playing as that character, set a new waypoint on the map, then switch to a different character. While playing as the new character, the other character will drive to the marked waypoint.
- “Children Of The Mountain” mission solutions – At a certain point during the game, you will need a password to access to the “www.childrenofthemountain.com” in-game website. This will happen when Franklin receives a mysterious “My Divine Within” text. It is part of the “Children Of The Mountain” mission. The password to the website is “futility”. Additionally, later in the mission-line, you will need to answer a word puzzle. The answers are as follows: Divine, Completeness, Orthodoxy, Process, Realization.
- Ammu-Nation assistance – When the cops are after you and you are near an Ammu-Nation shop, go inside, and the store owner may pull out a carbine and kill some of the cops for you.
- Turning Michael into Walter White – Purchase or unlock the following clothes and customization items to transform Michael De Santa into Walter White from Breaking Bad. Buy the Pale Amethyst Sweater ($1,300) and Sand Leather Shoes ($580) at Ponsonbys; Brown Pants at Suburban for $95; Black-Rimmed Glasses at Binco Clothing for $45; and “Beard – Long Stubbed” at the barber for $30. Unlock the “Haircut – Bald Head” by registering for the Rockstar Social Club, and linking it to your PSN account. Michael will look very similar to Walter White/Heisenberg once all of these clothes and customizations have been applied to him.
- Getting Trevor a bald haircut – Go to the Bob Mulét hair salon in Rockford Hills, and select the “Clean Razor” option. This is the only barber shop where you can completely shave Trevor’s head (bald).
- Showing body armor – Wear a normal t-shirt with body armor, and the body armor will show through the t-shirt.
- Naked hillbilly – In Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness, go to the hillbilly compound at the following waypoint location. There will be a naked hillbilly sitting on the porch, or he will run out of one of the houses to attack you. Note: The hillbillies will attack you when you enter this compound.
- Keeping empty space in garage – It is recommended you always keep an empty space in at least one of your purchased garages. If you happen to find a rare vehicle and want to save it but already have four vehicles in the garage, you will need to remove one. However, when you load your garage to remove a vehicle, the rare vehicle will disappear.
- Flipping people off – While in a car, select “Unarmed” from your weapon wheel. Then, press L1 to give the middle finger. Note: You can see this feature better in a convertible car or on a bike.
- Pratfalling – To fall on your butt, press Square to jump, and while you are in mid-air, press Circle.
- Bigfoot Easter Egg – During the “Predator” mission, you will chase two enemies through the forest. Eventually, you will reach a yellow ring, and it will switch to Michael in the helicopter with a sniper rifle. Use the rifle’s thermal scope, and aim down and right to see a slightly fatter thermal signature in the forest. Switch off the scope to get a good look at Bigfoot. Note: Bigfoot only appears for a short amount of time. Thus, you need to find him quickly.
- Crashed UFO Easter Egg – Use a submarine, and go to the ocean floor at the following location at the far northern edge of the map to see a crashed UFO.
- Flying UFOs Easter Eggs – Get a 100% completion in GTA 5, then go to the wooden platform (“Come back when your story is complete” is engraved on the back of the wooden platform) at the top of Mount Chiliad at 3 a.m. while it is raining, and a UFO will appear. It is recommended you go to the top of Mount Chiliad around 2 a.m., and use the “Change weather” cheat code to cycle the weather to rain before the in-game time reaches 3 a.m. It says “FIB” on the UFO, which probably indicates it is not an alien UFO.
Get a 100% completion in GTA V, then fly a helicopter to full altitude exactly above the following location at Fort Zancudo military base. Next, descend straight down until a UFO appears. It is more advanced than the UFO that appears at Mount Chiliad. It is completely black and makes electronic noises. It will turn the screen blurry and power down your helicopter if you get too close to it. Note: It may be difficult to find the UFO, as it has a cloaking screen that makes it completely invisible until you get close to it. Get a 100% completion in GTA V, then fly a helicopter to full altitude above the following location at Sandy Shores. The UFO found at this location is the exact same UFO that can be seen at the top of Mount Chiliad.
- Ice Alien Easter Egg – During the police chase in the tutorial, do not follow the instructions, and instead go off the road. Before reaching the bridge, drive to the frozen river below. Directly under the bridge is an alien encased in ice.
- No Country For Old Men Easter Egg – Go to the following location in Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness near the Fort Zancudo military base. You may come across a random event where you will find a clearing in the desert with some bullet-ridden trucks and dead or dying drug dealers. Further down a hill, you will find two more dying drug dealers and a silver case full of cash. This is similar to the scene where Josh Brolin’s character finds a case full of money in the movie No Country For Old Men. Note: If you do not get the random event to happen, quick save the game, reload it, and then go back to the location again. Repeat this until the random event occurs.
- Playboy Mansion Easter Egg – Go to the following location in Little Seoul to visit Los Santos’ version of the Playboy mansion. It includes the backyard grotto with pool and hot tubs. When it is visited at night, there will be a party going on in the back.
- Secret Ghost Easter Egg – Go to the following location at the peak of Mount Gordo between 11:00 p.m. and midnight to see a ghost appear above a rock with the name “Jock” written in blood. If you get too close, the ghost will disappear. You can get a good view of the ghost using the scope on your sniper rifle. It is believed the ghost is Jolene Cranley-Evans, and her husband is suspected of pushing her off the cliff. Her husband was Jock Cranley, who moved to Los Santos to become a famous stuntman and is currently running for senator of San Andreas. He is referenced during one of Trevor’s Strangers and Freaks missions. During the mission, you must steal celebrity items for a man named Nigel. When Trevor encounters Nigel, Nigel mistakes him for Jock, and continues to do so until Nigel’s missions with Trevor end.
- Secret map message – On the back of the exclusive Special Edition map, a secret message will appear when put under a UV light. The message reads as follows:
- Great Ocean HighwayThrough North Chumask0.5 miles past Raton Canyon<- When guard rail endsFollow the dirt roadDown to the DocksBring $500,000 CASH
There are also additional secrets listed on the Special Edition map when put under a UV light.
- Culture Club reference – While playing as Franklin, there is a side mission where you meet up with Beverly (the photographer), and he tells you that some people want to make a reality show about what he does as a celebrity photographer. On the wall next to where Beverly is, there is text that reads “Karma: It’s A Chameleon”. This is a reference to the band Culture Club and their 1983 single Kharma Chameleon.
- Dead Island reference – You can find billboards in GTA 5 advertising “Rehab Island”, which feature a logo very similar to that from Dead Island.
- Dead Rising reference – During a radio commercial, they say the people of Los Santos are taking drugs like crazy. They then begin to list some drugs, and one of them is called Zombix. This is a reference to the Zombrex drug in the Dead Rising series.
- Gangnam Style reference – When you purchase the Downtown Cab Co., you will eventually get a mission to pick up and drop off a Korean pop singer called Kwack. He will complain that everyone calls him Quack. He will also say he made millions off a music video of him and a few strippers dancing around doing jockey like dance moves around a horse. This is a reference to the Gangnam Style song by PSY.
- Grand Theft Auto 2 and 3 reference – In the sports car heist mission, Franklin must get an old car called the Z-Type. That was the car driven by the Zaibatsu Corporation in GTA 2, and a luxury car in GTA 3.
- Grand Theft Auto 4 references – Brucie Kibbutz from Grand Theft Auto 4 returns to Grand Theft Auto 5 on Bleeper (GTA’s equivalent to Twitter). Niko Bellic’s old friend Packie McReary also returns to GTA 5. Franklin can help him during a heist, and he will join your crew for the remainder of the game.One of Franklin’s friends on his LifeInvader page is “Nicholas Bell”. This is a reference to “Niko Bellic”, GTA 4′s protagonist.While at Michael’s home, zoom into Jimmy when he is using his laptop at the dinner table to see him viewing the LifeInvader profile for Niko Bellic.
One of the movies you can watch at the cinema shows the beating heart inside the Happiness Island statue that appeared in GTA IV.
In the first mission for setting up the jewelry heist, when Lester is telling Michael that all the old crew is gone, he mentions a eastern European guy from Liberty City.
At the end of the “Monkey Business” mission, the guy in the suit with glasses who works for the lab that you are stealing from tells the guards to detain the FIB agent, who shoots himself in the leg to cover for his friends, is the same person known as Edward T. Fortune that gives Niko the information he seeks in return for him doing missions for the United Liberty Paper in Grand Theft Auto 4. He also appears later in “The Wrap Up” mission. He shows up during the stand off between De Santa, Haines, Norton, and Agent Sanchez, alongside several IAA agents.
In “The Paleto Score” mission, the four characters (Franklin, Michael, Trevor, and whomever you chose as a crew member) will talk about there first big score. If you chose Patrick “Packie” McReary, he will talk about his first big score being the Bank of Liberty City. He will list two names, and after each will say “God rest his soul”, then he says something like “…and my friend Niko who is probably dead.”
Johnny Klebitz from The Lost And Damned DLC accuses Trevor of sleeping with his girlfriend, Ashley.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas references – The early setting of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas returns in GTA V. The familiar cul-de-sac of Grove Street (the gang affiliated with Carl Johnson, the main protagonist in GTA: San Andreas) also has a presence in Los Santos. It is located not too far from Franklin’s house and features graffiti in the green of CJ’s old gang. However, a different gang occupies this version of the street.On one of the buildings in Grand Theft Auto V, you can see graffiti stating, “WELCOME BACK. We missed you last time.” that welcomes players back to the sandbox of San Andreas after leaving for Liberty City in GTA IV.Some old friends from GTA: San Andreas are referenced in Franklin’s place. Look in the bedroom to find a poster for Mad Dog. Look on the floor to see that OG Loc made it with his own album.
During the “Urban Safari” mission, Franklin, Lamar, and Trevor will go to the Grove Street area to make a drug deal. The house they go to belongs to CJ’s brother, Sweet Johnson.