GTAV Secrets Pt.1
Here you will find all of the known secrets present in GTAV. Once new ones are discovered we will update them here. Click to get to Part 2 and Part 3 and Part 4
- Epsilon Tractor – Successfully complete the “Epsilon Tract” mission to unlock the Epsilon Tractor for Michael.
- Hot Rod ATV – Successfully complete all main storyline missions to unlock the Hot Rod ATV for Trevor.
- Space Docker car – Successfully complete the “Far Out” mission for the Omega stranger (he becomes available after completing the “Fame Or Shame” main mission) in east Sandy Shores by collecting all 50 spaceship parts in Grand Theft Auto 5 to unlock the Space Docker (alien) car. This car is loaded with alien technology, including two large booster jets.
- Alternate costumes – Successfully complete the final mission in the main storyline to unlock mission-specific costumes for all three characters, including the black outfits from stealth missions, guard uniforms from the final mission, and police uniforms. To unlock all shirts, get a 100% game completion.
- Ammu-Nation discounts – Successfully complete all Gun Range challenges with Bronze medals to get a 10 percent discount at Ammu-Nation stores. Successfully complete all Gun Range challenges with Silver medals to get a 15 percent discount at Ammu-Nation stores. Successfully complete all Gun Range challenges with Gold medals to get a 25 percent discount at Ammu-Nation stores. Note: Discounts are attached to each character. Thus, getting all Gold medals with Michael will only allow him to get the 25 percent discount.
- LifeInvader unlockables – To get bonus customizations, discounts, and free items for Michael, Franklin, and Trevor, go to Rockstar’s LifeInvader social network, and click the “Stalk” button on the page. Sign into LifeInvader with your Social Club name and password. Then, different pages will appear randomly after refreshing. Click the “Stalk” button on each one to unlock something new for use in GTA 5. For example, to get a free haircut and unlock additional hairstyles, go to Herr Kutz Barber, and click the “Stalk” button. The following is a list of all unlockables for clicking the “Stalk” button on each LifeInvader page:
- Elitas Travel: 10% off your first purchase through ElitasTravel.comHerr Kutz Barber: First haircut free, and extra hairstylesInkInc.: First tattoo freeLegendary Motorsport: 10% off your first purchase through their online showroomLos Santos Customs: Free paint jobRedwood Cigarettes: 10% off your first visit to a participating hospitalSprunk: Free can of SprunkWarstock Cache & Carry: 10% off your first purchase in-store
- Infinite money – Go to location 1 and location 2 in the Pacific Ocean on the western side of the map with two different characters (Franklin and Michael are used in this example). There are hidden packages in each location worth $34,000 total, and they respawn each time you switch between characters. Once one character is in the first spot, move the second character to the other location. Then, swim down to the hidden package and collect it, switch to the other character, swim down to the other hidden package and collect it, then switch back to the first character. Repeat this process as many times as desired to get an unlimited amount of money. You can get $1 million approximately every 13 minutes. Each time you switch between characters, your oxygen will also be fully restored. This money exploit can be used with any two hidden packages in the ocean. Note: Do not quick save the game while doing this money exploit, or it will start your character back at his house. Additionally, this glitch only works on the unpatched version of Grand Theft Auto 5.
Swim or take a boat or jet ski to the following waypoint location in Paleto Bay (far north-western area). Before diving to the money on the ocean floor, quick save the game (just in case you drown). There is a hidden package to the right of the sunken plane wing in this area that gives you $12,000 when collected. Grab the money, and swim back up to the surface. Save the game again, then reload the saved game, and the money will have respawned. Repeat this process as many times as desired to get an unlimited amount of money. Additionally, another method to getting the money to respawn is switching to a different character, and then switching back to the original character. Your character will also have full oxygen after switching between characters. Note: It may be hard to locate the hidden package at first. The closer you get to the hidden package, the more shiny and obvious it will become. Additionally, this glitch only works on the unpatched version of Grand Theft Auto 5.
- Infinite grenade launchers – Go to the location shown on the map in the video below. Enter the cave, and dive to the bottom to get a grenade launcher. Then, swim back to the surface, save the game, and reload the saved game. The grenade launcher will have respawned. Repeat this process as many times as desired.
- Infinite Molotov cocktails – Go under the bridge at the following location in North Chumash to find a cache of five Molotov cocktails. To get unlimited Molotov cocktails, collect the Molotov cocktails, save the game, and reload the saved game. The Molotov cocktails will have respawned. Repeat this process as many times as desired.
- Duplicating vehicles – Customize any car as desired, then switch to a different character, drive by the character in the customized car, and hang out with him. Then, get out of your vehicle, and drive their customized car. When you return with the customized car after hanging out with the other character, there will be another of the same customized car. Get out of the car, and take the duplicated customized car. Then, switch back to the other character, and take the original customized car.Place the vehicle you want to duplicate inside that character’s garage, leave the garage, and save the game. Then, switch to the character you want to receive the duplicated car, and travel to the garage of the previous character where you saved the car. Switch back to the original character who owns the garage, and take the car out of it. Get out of the car, and have both characters meet each other, then immediately switch to the other character, get in the vehicle, and save it in that character’s garage. The original character now must pay a small $250 fine to the impound lot to get the vehicle back, but it will be duplicated. Both characters will now own the same vehicle. Repeat this as many times as desired. It is recommended you use this exploit with the Truffade Adder (Bugatti Veyron) super car, as it is worth $1 million. -From: Austin Lin
- Easy full health – When you are low on health and not playing a mission, switch to a different character, and then immediately switch back to have your health fully restored.
- Easy money – While driving around, look for blue dots to appear on the map, which indicate armored cars. Try to shoot the driver with the briefcase before he reaches the armored car to quickly get the money ($5,000). If you are having problems opening an armored car, drive it into the water, and the back doors will instantly open.While playing as Franklin and free roaming around his house, a blue marker may appear on the screen. If it does, investigate what is going because it might be a kid telling you his bike got stolen. If you get the bike back for him, later in the game he will text you saying he is a millionaire, and give you $100,000.Successfully complete the final heist in Story mode to earn approximately $25 million for each character. Then, invest that money in the stock market to make a lot more money.
- Easy money in stock market – To make easy money in the stock market, invest in a company, and then target the competing company. When you do something in Grand Theft Auto 5 that affects a company (like robbing a bank or gas station, or destroying a plane), its stock price will decrease by a certain amount depending on the quantity of damage you caused to the company (the more problems you cause the company, the lower the stock price will go). Thus, buy stock in the competing company that you are going to target. For example, buy stock in AirEmu, then shoot down some FlyUS planes to make their stock price decrease and AirEmu’s stock price increase. Another method is shooting down some planes of an airline, then buying a bunch of stock in that airline after their stock decreases. Next, shoot down some planes of the competing airline, and the stock price for the airline you bought should increase. The same can be done with oil derricks belonging to RON Oil or LTD Oil.Buy some stock in AugeryInsurance (AUG), then damage and destroy a bunch of cars, and the stock price should increase.When a mission objective includes destroying a corporation’s asset or reputation, make sure you buy stock in their competitor before completing the objective.Listen to talk radio stations to hear about stock tips. When you hear about a stock tip, immediately invest in that company to make a profit.While playing as as Franklin, you can do assassination missions for Lester. Before completing one of the assassination missions below, switch to each character, and invest all your money in the listed company. That company will benefit from the assassination you are about to perform, and your stock in that company will greatly increase in value. Note: Do not sell your stocks right after the assassinations. Wait for three days after each assassination, and then sell them. You should make well over 75% profit off the stock. To make a lot of money, wait until you have accumulated a large amount of money at the end of the game before completing the assassination missions so you can earn a lot more in profits off the stocks.
- Assassination 1 (The Hotel): BetaPharmaceuticals (BAWSAQ stock)Assassination 2 (The Multi Target): Debonaire Cigarettes (LCN stock); sell Debonaire after the mission, then purchase Redwood (LCN)Assassination 3 (The Vice): Fruit (BAWSAQ stock)Assassination 4 (The Bus): Vapid (BAWSAQ stock)Assassination 5 (The Construction): GoldCoast (LCN stock)
- All weapon upgrades free – While a mission is active, go to the gun shop, and buy all of the upgrades for every available weapon and some grenade. Once you have obtained all of the upgrades, leave the gun shop, and use one of the grenades to kill yourself. This will cause the mission to fail, and you will start the mission over. When the mission restarts, you will have all of your money back from the purchases in the gun shop. Go back to the gun store, and all the weapon upgrades will still have a checkmark. Repeat this process when new weapons become available. Note: This glitch only works on the unpatched version of Grand Theft Auto 5.
- Free vehicle repair – While in a damaged vehicle, switch to a different character, and then immediately switch back to have that vehicle completely repaired.To repair any damaged vehicle for free, simply save the game, then reload the saved game, and the vehicle will be completely repaired.Drive to your purchased garage, and store the damaged vehicle. Then, exit the garage with another vehicle, re-enter it, and take your previously damaged vehicle. It will now be completely fixed.While playing as Franklin, you will eventually have the option to purchase a Los Santos Customs shop. Once you purchase it, all repairs and upgrades to vehicles will be free.
- Buying properties for free – To purchase any property for free, use one of the following tricks depending on whether it will provide income or not. Note: Using this glitch may permanently prevent you from doing certain side missions that are only activated when you purchase property the normal way. You also must have enough money to purchase the desired property to use this exploit/glitch. Additionally, this glitch only works on the unpatched version of Grand Theft Auto 5.For properties that do not provide an income, position your vehicle in front of the sign that enables you to purchase it. Get out of the vehicle, buy the property, and then immediately get back into your car.For properties that do provide an income, go up to the sign that allows you to purchase the property. Press Right on the D-pad to go to the confirm purchase prompt. Press Right on the D-pad again to confirm the purchase, then immediately pause the game. Replay any mission from the replay mission menu (ideally a short mission), and complete the mission. You will then spawn back at the property. You should now own the purchased property, and still have the money you originally spent purchasing the property.
- Easy max shooting and strength skills – To easily level up the strength and shooting skill stats to 100 in approximately ten minutes, use the following trick. First, buy a lot of pistol ammunition, and then find a bus. Jump on top of the bus, and stomp on it while it is moving. Make sure to move back and forth or you will fall off after stomping. Once your strength is at 100, shoot the middle of the bus until your shooting skill is at 100. The bus should be able to take all the bullets without being destroyed.
- Easy max stealth skill – For every minute you spend walking in Stealth mode, you will earn one point towards the stealth skill. Thus, put a rubberband around both Analog-sticks on your controller to automatically walk around while in Stealth mode. Then, leave the game for approximately 100 minutes, and your stealth skill stat should be maxed out.
- Easy races – During the countdown sequence in a race, hold L1 while unarmed to start driving. Use this glitch to get a head start and finish in first place more easily.
- Easy exotic/super car – Go to the following location in Rockford Hills to find an exotic/super car. An exotic/super car will always spawn in this location. The Truffade Adder (Bugatti Veyron) super car is the most frequent to spawn at this location. It is also the fastest car in GTA V.
- Easy Cheetah, Infernus, and Voltic car spawn location – Go to the following location. The Coil Voltic, Grotti Infernus, Pegassi Cheetah, and other exotic/super cars often spawn at that location.
- Getting the Canins Mesa – The Canins Mesa is a rare and unique off-road vehicle that cannot be purchased in GTA V. You are not actually supposed to be able to acquire the vehicle. Use the following trick to own the vehicle. During “The Wrap Up” mission, you will be given access to a Canins Mesa to escape a shootout. However, do not drive it on the road. Take a left down the hill to another road. There will be a helicopter chasing you, but you should be able to outrun it. You need to reach Michael’s four vehicle garage. Park the Canins Mesa in the garage, and then use a different vehicle to complete “The Wrap Up” mission. Once the Canins Mesa has been saved, you can also modify it.